ISBN: 978 1 78073 032 5
Publisher: Colourpoint Educational
Geography for CCEA GCSE
By Tim Manson
- Click here to download sample pages for this book.
- Covers the entire examined GCSE Geography specification from CCEA.
- Endorsed by CCEA.
- Has been subject to a detailed quality assurance process.
- Also includes material on the Controlled Assessment (coursework).
- Closely follows the order and content of the specification.
- Language designed to engage those studying for the Foundation Tier but containing sufficient material to challenge those studying for the Higher Tier.
- Full colour throughout with local examples wherever appropriate.
- It is our current (as of 2016) intention to revise this resource for the new specification.
Types of exercise:
- Key Questions: exam-type questions.
- Key Words: testing definitions.
- Test Yourself: testing understanding.
- Structured Notes: extended activities.
- Organise Your Revision: revision guidance.
- Skills Questions: testing skills, focusing on Ordnance Survey maps, aerial photographs and GIS maps.
- Exam Practice Questions: past paper questions for both Foundation and Higher Tier.
The contents matches the CCEA specification as follows:
Unit 1: Understanding Our Natural World
- 1A – The Dynamic Landscape
- 1B – Our Changing Weather and Climate
- 1C – The Restless Earth
Unit 2: Living In Our World
- 2A – People and Where They Live
- 2B – Contrasts in World Development
- 2C – Managing Our Resources
Unit 3: Fieldwork Report (Controlled Assessment)